Servings: 14 pieces
Bake time: 30 minutes
Oven set to 350°F
This is one of my husbands favorite recipes. It’s a delicious recipe and doesn’t require much time. I’d like to give credit to my friend Natasha Tyrchik, I liked her idea of having the banana bread bake in a cake pan instead of a bread pan. I thought it was perfect, because it bakes quicker and in my opinion its a lot softer and moist. I usually don’t like banana bread, but I really enjoy this cake.
- 1 stick soft unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1.5 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup cranberries or raisins (optional)
- Homemade Caramel Sauce and 1/4 cup pecans for decor.
- Prepare a 8″ inch square cake pan spray with butter or cooking spray.
- Beat the softened butter until nice and smooth (3-5 min).
- To the butter add 2 eggs, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract. Mix.
- In a separate bowl mix the baking soda and lemon juice, then add 3 tbsp of sour cream and have it sit for about 5 min. (Then add to the mixture)
- Sift 1 1/4 cup of flour and add 3 ripe bananas, mix for another 3 minutes .
- Finally add 1 cup of chopped pecans and cranberries (optional).
- Pour mixture onto the baking dish. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes until it has reached to a light brown color (use the toothpick test).