This is my mothers recipe and my oh my is it delicious! For those hazelnut lovers out there you’re in for a treat. It adds a nice crunch and texture to the roll. The cream isn’t too sweet and the cherries just add an extra spin to the recipe. It’s simple and easy, so go ahead and give this recipe a try. I guarantee you that it’ll definitely be one of your favorites!
Serving: 17 pieces
Bake time: 15-20 minutes
Oven set to 350°F
Biskvit (Sponge Cake)
- 8 large eggs at room temperature
- 8 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 oz) soften cream cheese
- 10-12 oz of cool whip
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 10 oz Duncan Hines Original Country Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 cup toasted hazelnuts
- Extra cherry filling for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 11-inch by 18-inch pan with parchment paper.(Do not grease the sides, you don’t want them to deflate).
- On high speed mix together room temperature eggs and sugar for about 15 minutes. (You know it’s ready when it has a light, white, fluffy, texture).
- Using a spatula fold in the all-purpose flour and vanilla extract in the prepared egg and sugar mixture.(Flour needs to be sifted). Have it bake about 15-20 minutes.
- Right out of the oven, put a towel over the cake layer for about five minutes, then roll up the cake layer and set it to the side to cool.
- First, make sure the cream cheese is beaten well. (Make sure it’s at room temperature).
- Then, add the cool whip and condensed milk to the cream cheese.
- Spread the cream on the cake layer and add the cherry filling in a line. Throw in some hazelnuts and roll the cake layer back up.
- Spread the left over cream to the top of the cake roll and decorate it with some more cherry filing and chopped up hazelnuts.
- Wala! Enjoy!