Servings: 12 pieces
Bake time: 20-25 minutes
Oven set to 350°F
After years down the road, this recipe has still become one of our favorites. It’s a traditional Ukranian recipe that has been around for quite some time. The cream is mixed with the biskvit cake layer and when the cherries are added, it’s an indescribable flavor. SIMPLY DELICIOUS!
Biskvit (Sponge Cake)
- 8 large eggs
- 8 Tbsp sugar
- 8 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 8 oz cool whip
- Remainder of sponge cake
- 30 oz Duncan Hines Original Country Cherry Pie Filling
- Preheat the Oven to 350°F and line a 10-inch cake pan with wax paper and spray only the bottom with cooking spray.
- On high speed, mix together eggs and sugar for about 15 minutes. (Until white and fluffy).
- Using a spatula fold in the all-purpose flour and vanilla extract in the prepared egg and sugar mixture.(Flour needs to be sifted).
- Transfer the cake mixture from the mixing bowl to the prepared 10-inch pan, and have it go into the oven for about 15-20 minutes.
- Once it has finished baking, place it on a cooling rack to cool. Meanwhile prepare the cream.
- First, beat the room temperature cream cheese until nice and smooth and add the whipping cream until well blended.
- Cut out the middle of the biskvit (sponge cake) leaving about 1/2 inch of cake on the sides and bottom. Incorporate the biskvit (sponge cake) that has been cut out into the cream.
- Mix well.
- Transfer the prepared mixture into the biskvit cake layer thats been cut out.
- Using a spatula, evenly spread out the Original Country Cherry Pie Filling on top of the cake and ENJOY!