We absolutely LOVE this desert. The cornflakes level out the sweetness and add an amazing crunch and texture. This is our favorite dessert on a nice hot summer day.
Servings : 4 ice-cream balls
Temperature for frying : 375° F
Time for frying: 6-8 seconds
- 2 cups Kellogg’s corn flake cereal (crushed lightly)
- 2 Egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of light brown sugar
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Ice cream (your choice, I used vanilla)
- Toasted almonds for topping
- Peanut oil or vegetable oil for frying
- Scoop ice cream and form into a ball shape, place back in a freezer for about 15 minutes to harden.
- Make egg wash, mix 1/4 cup milk, pinch of cinnamon, 1 tbsp light brown sugar, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Roll ice cream balls in corn flakes.
- Roll ice cream balls in egg wash, than again in cornflakes.
- I used a small pot just enough for one ice cream ball to fry. Heat oil med high to 375°F and make sure you have enough oil to cover the ice-cream completely.
- Fry right away until ice cream ball is golden brown in color, about 6-8 seconds.
- Take it out place in a plate/ bowl of your choice and finish it off with a drizzle of caramel sauce. Homemade Caramel Sauce or use honey and sprinkle with almonds.