This is the most simple chocolate glaze I know. Its a soft glaze, so it’ll be good for a cake, donut, or any other pastry. Not a good idea to use the hard chocolate finish. You want to use chocolate chip melts. I’ve tried a few different chocolate glaze recipes, like using a pan to melt and boil sugar granules. For me its not the same, so I always go back to my moms way of making it. The only problem I face with my moms recipes is she doesn’t have an exact recipe. She has years of experience behind her shoulders, so I guess it make sense. I’ve narrowed it down for you guys and I hope you’ll enjoy it.
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 tablespoon hot milk
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoon powdered sugar
1. Heat milk till hot.
2. Melt the butter.
3. Mix together cocoa powder and powdered sugar. Add in butter and whisk together with a small whisk. If you’d like it to thicken, have it cool down.
- Chocolate does thicken as it cools, to thin out warm chocolate glaze in microwave for 10 sec.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.