These are cold, soothing, and creamy! The perfect breakfast on a nice sunny morning! A big thank you to my friend Olga Polyukh for sharing with me this recipe. This was her favorite childhood desert. It’s simple but yet delicious!
Ingredients for Crepes:
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp of unsalted melted butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 can Dark Morello Cherries (24 oz)
Ingredients for Cream:
- 24 oz Daisy sour Cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Shaved dark chocolate
- Chocolate Glaze
- Powdered sugar
1. In a blender mix in all the ingredients and blend until nice and runny: 6 eggs, 2 cups milk, 1 3/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup vegetable oil, 3 tbsp melted butter, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp vanilla extract, and 3 tbsp granulated sugar.
2. Next add about 3 tbsp of crepe mixture onto a pan and have it cook for about 1-2 min on medium/high. Flip it over and have other side cook for about 30 sec. Repeat as necessary.
3. For filling drain the canned cherries. Add 5-6 cherries in a line in center of crepe. Fold both sides and roll up crepe.
4. Prepare the cream. with a mixer beat 24 oz of Daisy sour cream and 1 cup of powdered sugar, until well incorporated. Generously drizzle on top of crepes.
5. Prepare Chocolate Glaze and drizzle over cream.
6. Finally shave dark chocolate onto the crepes and finish off with a touch of powdered sugar.
7. Don’t forget to have it chill overnight. It’s best when cold.