Did you give this recipe a try? it’s perfect for any family gathering or Holiday. It’s our moms recipe. The vanilla cream melts in your mouth and the drizzled chocolate and almonds give it a nice finish!
- 8 eggs
- 8 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 tablespoon flour sifted
- 113g softened butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 8 oz cool whip
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 tablespoons hot milk
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
Sponge Cake (Biskvit):
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 11-inch by 18-inch pan with parchment paper.(Do not grease the sides, you don’t want sides to deflate).
- On high speed mix together room temperature eggs and sugar for about 15 minutes. (You know it’s ready when it looks frothy).
- Using a spatula fold in the all-purpose flour and vanilla extract in the prepared egg and sugar mixture.(Flour needs to be sifted).
- Right out of the oven, put a towel over the cake layer for about five minutes, then roll up the cake layer with the parchment paper and set it to the side to cool. Meanwhile beat the cream.
- When the cream is made. Unroll the roll and spread the cream roll it back up. spread some cream on top.
- drizzle with chocolate syrup and sprinkle with almonds.
- Beat butter till white in color. In about 10 min on high in a mixer.
- Turn mixer on low and mix in the condensed milk.
- Add the whipped cream and mix on medium speed till mixed together about 3min.
- Heat milk till hot.
- Melt the butter.
- Mix together cocoa powder and powdered sugar. Add in butter and whisk together with a small whisk.
- If you’d like it to thicken, have it cool down.