Serving: 6 rolls (60 pieces of sushi)
This dish is definitely one of the most popular dishes. Everyone absolutely loves it and always looks forward to eating it. The spicy mayo gives it a little spice, but not an overload. And the sushi sauce levels it out with a touch of sweetness to it. Try this dish for your next family gathering!
Ingredients for Sushi Rice:
- 2 cups of uncooked sushi rice
- 3 cups of water
- 1/4 cup of rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp of granulated sugar
Ingredients for the inside:
- 6 sheets of seaweed
- 12 cooked shrimp tempuras
- 1 lb Imitation crabmeat
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese
- 1 long english cucumber sliced in 6 pieces
Ingredients for topping:
- Sushi sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- Sesame seeds
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 tbsp of sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice
- In a pot put 2 cups of sushi rice and 3 cups of water. Bring it to a boil, then have it simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Take off stove and add 1/4 cup of rice vinegar and 2 tbsp of sugar.
- While rice cools, put the 12 shrimps into the oven on 400ºF for about 15 minutes, until crunchy.
- Cut up 1 lb of imitation crabmeat and mix with 1/4 cup of mayonnaise. Cut one English cucumber into 6 long slices and cream cheese.
- Once rice is cooled, cover the surface of the seaweed with sushi rice. Turn the sheet over and on the inside place everything in a straight line: 2 shrimp tempuras, 2 slices of cream cheese, 1 slice of cucumber and imitation crabmeat.
- Roll the sushi up into a roll. Make sure its nice and tight.
- Cut up the sushi roll. Should turn out to be 10-11 pieces. Transfer to a plate.
- Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds for the top.
- Put sushi sauce into a plastic bottle dispenser and drizzle it over the sushi roll.
- For spicy mayo mix 1 cup of mayonnaise, 2 1/2 tbsp of sriracha sauce, and 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice. Put in a plastic bottle dispenser and drizzle it over the sushi roll as well. Use remainder of spicy mayo as a side dipping sauce.
- Hope you enjoy it!