Did you know… pumpkin is loaded with vitamins and minerals that are beneficial to our bodies? For those who start their day with a bowl of oatmeal, you’ll love this recipe. Pumpkin gives it a sweet and delicate taste to the oatmeal and feels extremely light, but feel full for hours! It’s a great breakfast idea for those picky toddler eaters!
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup grated pumpkin
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- cashew nut (optional)
- honey (optional)
- In a medium size pot, put water and grated pumpkin to a boil.
- Add milk, salt, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, let it boil for 10-15 min.
- Add rolled oats, let it simmer for 10 min.
- Turn off and cover with lid let if sit for another 5-10 min.
- Enjoy with a drizzle of honey and chopped cashew nuts.