If you are not a tuna fan like me, you need to give this recipe a try, and if you are a tuna lover, then you have no excuses:) .. This is an amazing appetizer for your next party, full of flavor and moisture. We have made an appetizer that will wow your crowd and will keep them full, happy, and feeling good for hours. The combination of fried tuna, lettuce, and tomatoes are heavenly. If you’d like to make this appetizer kid friendly drizzle the skewers with ranch dressing instead of spicy mayo.
Servings: 45 skewers
- 15 oz canned tuna
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs + more for coating
- 113 g graded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium size zucchini
- 3 tbsp pasta sauce
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- 45 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 Iceberg lettuce
- Olive oil for frying
- Spicy mayonnaise
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 tbsp of sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice
- To make tuna mixture: In a medium size bowl mix 15 oz tuna, 113 g cheese, 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs, 3 tbsp tomato sauce , 1 diced zucchini, 1 tsp cajun seasoning, 3 tbsp mayo , 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1 egg, 2 garlic cloves.
- Form 1 inch balls with the tuna mixture and lay it out onto a board.
- Make egg wash using 3 eggs.
- Dip the tuna balls in egg wash.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet about 1 inch deep.
- Once the oil is hot, roll the tuna balls in panko bread crumbs and fry about 2-3 min.
- After your tuna balls are ready take them out onto a prepared flat surface with a paper towel to absorb extra oil.
- Prepare tuna skewers and cut iceberg lettuce into 1 inch squares or triangles.
- First, put on lettuce onto the skewer, then the fried tuna, and finally a cherry tomato. Drizzle with spicy mayonnaise.
- Prepare spicy mayonnaise.
To make spicy mayonnaise:
- 1 cup of Mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice = about 1/2 lemon