One evening I wanted some really good fried fish. Opened up my freezer and took a glance at what I had. My goal was to make the skin really crunchy, so I opened up my pantry and saw that I had some leftover crispy onions. Did whatever I was craving that day and I absolutely loved it. Give this recipe a try, we would love to hear the feedback!
Serving : 4
Total Time: 15-20 min
Note: Depending on your preference alter the amount of seasoning.
- 1-2 tsp of salt
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Johnny’s seasoning salt
- 1/4-1/2 tsp freshly grounded pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely crushed fresh gourmet crispy onions lightly salted.(To the right is a picture provided)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Season 4 pieces (4-6 oz each) of mahi mahi fish with salt, johnny’s seasoning salt, and pepper.
- Finely crush 1/2 cup of crispy onions.
- In a bowl, crack 2 eggs and whisk.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup of crushed fresh gourmet crispy onion lightly salted.
- First roll your fish in the flour and crispy onion mixture, then dip it in the egg, and again in the flour mixture.
- Heat up a skillet with 4 tbsp of olive oil on high. Make sure oil is HOT. Place the prepared mahi mahi fish onto the skillet, turn it down to MEDIUM heat. have it cook for about 3-4 minutes, flip sides and have the other side cook for another 3-4 min.
- Transfer onto a plate and garnish your fish with chopped green onions or parsley.