I tell you it took me quiet a bit of years to perfect this recipe! I love potato pankese, they are crispy of outside and a nice soft inside. The amount of ingredients, and the way you prepare it makes all the difference. With this recipe, you just throw all the ingredients in a blender, blend and fry. Waalla….easy, right? I personally have the Blendtec blender I use, can say without a doubt I’m very happy with this blender. had it for 5 years now. Make this for your family for you next brekfast and let me know what you think.
- 4-5 cups of diced potato
- 1/4 of a larger onion
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- enjoy with dollop of sour cream
- Wash and dice potato, and throw it in the blender. No need to peel potato, if skin is not to old of course 🙂
- Add onion, egg, salt, pepper and baking powder, to the blander and bland all together .
- Heat up olive oil on med high .
- Using a tablespoon, spoon in the potato mixture into a pan, spreading the mixture to level out the pancake.
- Fry until potato pancakes are golden on edges , flip them over and fry the other side.
- After done. transfer the potato cakes to a plate with prepared pepper towel to absorb all the excess oil.
- Enjoy with a dollop of sour cream ..
NOTE : These are recommended to eat as soon as possible. They get soft if they sit for a bit. but if you do end up having left overs potato pancakes, I find best way to reheat them is in a mini oven or regular oven, what ever is available to you. I use mini toaster oven and turn on toast setting.