My older sister Tanya, was the first peraon that got me hooked with her spinich dip years ago. I automatically fell in love with it and for alot of the occasions I would ask her to make it. I gotta say that, one down side to making dips, is having to go out and buy the dry ranch packages in store. So I decided to dig though some recipes and create my very own with everyday ingredients at home, well at least I tried… I could not give up the chestnuts its not the same without it. I like to serve this dip with multigrain tortilla chips or pita bread chips. Anyway let me know your take on this dip please..
- baby spinich 1/2 lb.
- bacon bits 1/2 cup
- water chestnuts can 8oz
- sour cream 12oz
- mayo 7oz
- ground black pepper ¾ tsp
- paprika 1 ½ tsp
- salt 1½ tsp
- onion powder 1tsp
- garlic powder 1tsp
- lemon juice 1 tsp
- Worcester sauce 2 tsp
- Roughly chop and steam baby spinach for 5min. Or frezz and crush.
- Cool the spinach in refrigerator while you are mixing the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix sour cream, mayo, black pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, lemon juice, Worcester sauce in a med size bowl.
- finely dice chestnuts, afterwards adding to the dip.
- Also add bacon bits and spinach.
- Mix all the ingredients together and refrigerate for 1-2 hr before serving.
- Enjoy with any chips or crackers of your choice. My favorites are (Stacy’s pita chips “simply naked”) and multigrain tortilla chips.